Here you will find the list of project personnel, and links to home pages for the technicians, visiting scientists, graduate students, and others(for those who have developed a web page).
For those of you interested in the history of those who have worked here, see the
- complete list of project personnel.
For graduate students, see graduate students at work in cucurbit breeding.
New personnel, see getting established.
If you are interested in working on the cucurbit breeding project, see job opportunities.
- Todd Wehner, Professor
- Emily Silverman, Research specialist
- Wei-Wen Guo, Laboratory technician
- Brandon Huber, Greenhouse assistant
- Sandie Wash, Accounting assistant
Graduate Students (see photographs of grad. students at work)
- Lauren Arteman (U.S.A.), RA – Optimum production systems for parthenocarpic pickling cucumber, MS 2016: Currently graduate assistant at North Carolina State Univ.
- Brandon Huber (U.S.A.), RA – Optimization of breeding systems for stevia, MS 2017: Currently graduate assistant at North Carolina State Univ.
- Jordan Hartman (U.S.A.), RA – Downy mildew and anthracnose resistance in cucumber and watermelon, MS 2017: Currently graduate assistant at North Carolina State Univ.
- James Daley (U.S.A.), RA – Screening for resistance to bacterial fruit blotch in the watermelon germplasm collection, PhD 2017: Currently graduate assistant at North Carolina State Univ.
- Takshay Patel (India), RA – Screening for resistance to anthracnose in the watermelon germplasm collection, PhD 2018: Currently graduate assistant at North Carolina State Univ.
- Emily Silverman (U.S.A.), RA – High resistance to downy mildew in cucumber, PhD 2019: Currently research specialist forNorth Carolina State Univ.
Visiting Scientists / Postdoctoral Research Associates
- Mahendra Dia (India) Visiting Scientist, Genotype x environment interaction, 2015-2017
- Luis Rivera (Purdue University) Research Associate, Disease resistance in watermelon and cucumber, 2016-2019
- Abel Walker, Field assistant
- Zion Creech, Greenhouse assistant
- Brian Chen, Greenhouse assistant
- Kolby Clark, Greenhouse assistant
- Desteen Scott, Lab assistant
- Olivia Sawyer, Greenhouse assistant
- Sicely Sosh, Greenhouse assistant
- Phillip Tasilly, Greenhouse assistant