Here you will find the list of project personnel, and links to home pages for the technicians, visiting scientists, graduate students, and others(for those who have developed a web page).
For those of you interested in the history of those who have worked here, see the
- complete list of project personnel.
For graduate students, see graduate students at work in cucurbit breeding.
New personnel, see getting established.
If you are interested in working on the cucurbit breeding project, see job opportunities.
- Todd Wehner, Professor
- Emily Silverman, Research specialist
- Wei-Wen Guo, Laboratory technician
- Sandie Wash, Accounting assistant
Graduate Students (see photographs of grad. students at work)
- Lauren Arteman (U.S.A.), RA – Optimum production systems for parthenocarpic pickling cucumber, MS 2017: Currently graduate assistant at North Carolina State Univ.
- James Daley (U.S.A.), RA – Screening for resistance to bacterial fruit blotch in the watermelon germplasm collection, PhD 2017: Currently graduate assistant at North Carolina State Univ.
- Takshay Patel (India), RA – Screening for resistance to anthracnose in the watermelon germplasm collection, PhD 2018: Currently graduate assistant at North Carolina State Univ.
- Emily Silverman (U.S.A.), RA – High resistance to downy mildew in cucumber, PhD 2019: Currently research specialist forNorth Carolina State Univ.
Visiting Scientists / Postdoctoral Research Associates
- Baoshan Kang (PR China) Visiting Scholar, Watermelon disease resistance, 2017
- Mahendra Dia (India) Visiting Scientist, Genotype x environment interaction, 2015-2018
- Luis Rivera (Purdue University) Research Associate, Disease resistance in watermelon, 2016-2018
- Sicely Sosh, Greenhouse assistant
- Kolby Clark, Greenhouse assistant
- Zion Creech, Greenhouse assistant
- Sarah Peterson, Greenhouse assistant
- Elliott Hall, Greenhouse assistant