Here you will find the list of project personnel, including technicians, visiting scientists, graduate students, and interns.
For those of you interested in the history of those who have worked here, see the
- complete list of project personnel.
For graduate students, see graduate students at work in cucurbit breeding.
New personnel, see getting established.
If you are interested in working on the cucurbit breeding project, see job opportunities.
- Todd Wehner, Professor
- Emily Silverman, Research specialist
- Terri Williams, Project assistant (Lab)
- Thomas Froass, Project assistant (Field)
- Anne Hoover, Project assistant (Greenhouse)
- Sandie Wash, Accounting assistant
Graduate Students (see photographs of grad. students at work)
- Lauren Arteman (U.S.A.), RA – Optimum production systems for parthenocarpic pickling cucumber, MS 2018: Currently graduate assistant at North Carolina State Univ.
- Takshay Patel (India), RA – Screening for resistance to anthracnose in the watermelon germplasm collection, PhD 2018: Currently graduate assistant at North Carolina State Univ.
- Emily Silverman (U.S.A.), RA – High resistance to downy mildew in cucumber, PhD 2019: Currently research specialist for North Carolina State Univ.
Visiting Scientists / Postdoctoral Research Associates
- Jitendra Dapke (India), Visiting Scientist, Downy mildew resistance in cucumber, 2018
- Elzbieta Kozik (Poland), Visiting Scientist, Chilling resistance in stevia, 2018
- Yucesan Buhara (Turkey), Visiting Scientist, Stevia breeding, 2018-2019
- Luis Rivera (Purdue University) Research Associate, Disease resistance in watermelon, 2016-2018
- Matthew Bell, Field assistant
- Clint Blankenship, Field assistant
- Meaghan Keffer, Field assistant
- Daniel Wisnowski, Field assistant