North Carolina State University has hosted a cucumber field day on the fourth Thursday in June for those interested in seeing the latest research on cucumber breeding at the Horticultural Crops Research Station at Clinton, NC.
Cucumber field days started in 1979 and ended in 2016.
Things to See
- Stage 1 and 2 pickle trials
- New pickling type hybrids
- Stage 1 and 2 slicer trials
- New fresh-market type hybrids
- High resistance to downy mildew
- Mutation breeding for new traits
- Pickling melons bred for processing use
Other Sites of Interest